The most fashionable film festival
At the annual Mercedes-Benz Bokeh International Fashion Film Festival winners were announced at a glittering red carpet event, this time held at the flagship Mercedes-Benz dealership in Century City, Cape Town, over two days earlier this month.
A-list celebrities, industry VIPs, producers, designers, models and invited guests were treated to two glamorous Oscar Awards styled red carpet evenings. Friday evening hosted the first eight category awards, followed by the second eight on Saturday night, culminating in an epic after party at hot new party place; Harringtons.
A daunting “paparazzi” lined red carpet and intriguing photo booth allowed all the fashionable attendees to feel like celebrities, while delicious canapes, bubbles, cocktails and an Oude Meester brandy pairing station kept spirits high throughout.
Beautiful models sporting amazing hair styles, accessories and body paint weaved their way through the latest models of Mercedes-Benz and the mingling crowds displaying the work of the nominees for the Gothic Couture Body Art and Creative Make Up Awards. Eva Toth was crowned winner while second place went to Karen Yu from Hong Kong and third went to South African SJ van Zyl. The winners receiving prizes to the value of R50 000.
This year saw over 512 film submissions of which 120 were selected as nominees and screened. Each of the winners received bespoke Carol Boyes trophies while Peter Verster Cohen, winner of Best Picture Award, sponsored by Oude Meester received a R120 000 Fujifilm camera system and Andrea Kloppers, winner of the Billy Preston Emerging Creative Talent Award received R50 000.
Bokeh founder Adrian Lazarus and Heart 104.9 FM DJ Irma G MC’ed the sit down ceremony which included screenings of the winning films.
The 2017 winners are:
- Best Actor – In & Out of Control – Emir Erlap (Director) – Lutz Föster
- Best Director – Dakar Express – Peter Verster Cohen
- Best Cinematography – Ethetics 2 – Amber Molter (Director) – Luis Barreto Carrillo
- Best Picture – Dakar Express – Peter Verster Cohen
- Best Sound – Rocco Caminiti – Azzellini Fabrizio (Director) – Florent Turpin
- Best Hair – Abjective – Marie-Therese Hilenbrandt (Director) – Wolfgang Lindenhofer
- Best Creative Make Up – Statues – Joshua Brandão & Nicolai Kornum (Director) – Einat Dan
- Best Emerging Talent – Alrededores – Luis Ahijado (Director)
- Billy Preston Emerging Creative Talent – SHE – Andrea Kloppers
- CTFC Cellphone Challenge – S(HE) – Rainn Vlietman & Cyla Gonsolves
- Best Documentary – Inside Amato – Rocco Leo Gaglioti
- Best Fashion – The Fashion Film – Delai & Renne Castrucci (Directors) – Jussara Caetano (Fashion Concept) Juliana Gimenez (Fashion Stylist)
- Best Art Direction – Statues – Joshua Brandão & Nicolai Kornum (Art Directors)